The STC Women in Tech Comm SIG uses a Google Group (STC-WTC) so members can identify opportunities, advocate, and discuss current issues in technology. This group puts you in control of how you receive email notifications for posted messages. You can choose to read all posts online only (no email), receive daily summaries, or receive an email for each individual post or response (the default). The group is monitored by a team of technical communication professionals and managed by the SIG Manager.
Joining the Email List
When you join the SIG, the SIG Manager adds you to the STC-WTC Google Group using the email address you registered with. If you have any questions, please contact the SIG Manager, Nicky Bleiel.
Updating Your Information or Options
To view the Google Group and update your information:
- Go to: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stc-wtc.
- Log in with the email address you registered with. You can also set up a Google account and add multiple email addresses to that single account. If you have forgotten your password, use Google features to reset your password and other account settings.
Unsubscribing from the STC-WTC Google Group
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to:
If you have any problems, please contact the SIG Manager, Nicky Bleiel.
To post messages to the main mailing list, send the messages to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address used when you were added to the list.
When posting messages to the Google Group, please follow these guidelines:
- Be civil. We are all here to learn from each other.
- No religion or politics please.
- No ad hominem attacks.
- Off-topic posts are allowed, but please use OT in the subject line and use common sense when determining if it is appropriate. If you are not sure, it may not be.
- Job posts are allowed. Please use JOB in the subject line and include the location.
- Posting links to interesting articles is encouraged. Please use ARTICLE in the subject line.
- Vendors may post relevant promotions of tools, technologies, events, etc. Please use VENDOR POST in the subject line and limit posts to once a month.
- Please refrain from editing other members' posts when replying.
- It is not necessary to repost your message or apologize if you make a typo unless it really changes the meaning of the sentence.
- Remember when you reply that you "reply all."
- The SIG leaders will delete offensive posts; please don't take it personally if that happens. We hope it is a rare occurrence.